Friday, July 18, 2014

God my Adonai!

Cannot believe it has been since last December I posted anything.  So much has transpired over these last seven months.  Still suffering a sinus infection, and high blood pressure.  Old age is not for sissies!   However, our Lord God is do very good, and cares so much fir me.

My girlfriends mother went home to be with the Lord recently.  She was 97 years old, and was at peace the last five days.  What a contrast from my own mom's last days.  Also was a blessing to see her family rally around her, and those who could nit be there called and spoke to her as her daughter held the phone to her ear.   Even in her coma-like state, you knew she heard them, and there words of love and gratitude!

Presently, I  am enjoying the privilege to share the Word of God with our college girls, and the adult servers.  The Lord directed us to study Dr. Tony Evans book on "The Power of God's Names".  What an amazing study!   Truly until we come to understand and see Him with our spiritual eyes through the revelation of all His names, we really do not know Him.  We serve an awesome, amazing, loving, caring God who loves us so much, and desires to be involved in every aspect of our lives.

Due to this study, up to now, I have come to believe that we honestly limit Him because we may only see Him as Elohim, great, strong Creator, and/or Jehovah, the relational God.  But, we either overlook, limit Him by placing boundaries around us, or completely shut Him out as our Adonai.  The Lord and Master who rules all things.  Why?  Probably because of our independent tendency, pride, wanting, not trusting Him or needing to be in control rather than yielding our all to Him.  Scripture declares we are to be His slave or bond servant.  I believe, also, since we do not know or understand His character, or our relationship with Him, we fear He will hurt us.

Because of this study and seeing God through a clear lens similar to having a new lens implanted  after cataract surgery.  As the eye now sees clearly due to corrective surgery, so too,  is the eye of my heart which now truly sees Him as He is.   Much like looking into Crater Lakes crystal clear waters.

I believe this appears to be preparation of my future.  Much like the Lord prepared me as His new child for the future by placing me in Bible Study Fellowship ten months prior to my husband's death.  He made sure that this baby believer was circled by praying, and loving sisters in Christ, reading, growing through being immersed in Scripture.

 What might my future hold?  There is a possibility my breast cancer has returned.  My gracious Lord brought me through before, and if It us Hus will,  it could happens again.  However, at my age I will definitely need His direction and wisdom.  When I went through this the first time Isaiah 43:1-3 was my mainstay.  This time it will be the assurance and power of His names!  The outcome either way us in His Hands for He is my Adonai.  I need no other Lord or Master, I already have the best, my Lord Jesus.


May this message prompt you to seek Him out as Ge is through His names.  Buy the book by Dr. Evans, you will not be sorry!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

By the grace of our Lord, almost another year! Love the blog, inspiring. Buttercup